[GRASS-user] sh: 1: v.net.components: not found

Gunnar Oehmichen oehm8895 at uni-landau.de
Thu Oct 24 07:02:49 PDT 2013

Dear GRASS user list,

While accessing GRASS via R i ran over the problem of missing a certain
GRASS function: v.net.components
System:

Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	12.04
Codename:	precise

grass	6.4.1-1ubuntu2

Here is what i did in R (partly):

Created a stream network shape file via execGRASS( "v.net", ...)

and now I wanted to distinguish local stream networks:

execGRASS("v.net.components", flags="overwrite",
parameters=list(input="Stream_known_Network",
+
output="Stream_known_connectivity", method="weak"))

Fehler in parseGRASS(cmd, legacyExec = legacyExec) : The command
    v.net.components --interface-description
could not be run (127), and produced the error message:
    sh: 1: v.net.components: not found

Then I looked wether v.net.components is installed,

dpkg -L grass|gedit

/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.neighbors
/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.net
/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.net.alloc
/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.net.iso
/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.net.path
/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.net.salesman
/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.net.steiner
/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.net.visibility
/usr/lib/grass64/bin/v.normal

And it seems like, it is not.

Is my version generally missing the function?

Some help would be very much appreciated,

Thanks very Much,

Gunnar
--
Gunnar Oehmichen