[GRASS-user] Create random raster map with sum of cells == N

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Fri Sep 6 04:17:22 PDT 2013

Hi

I am writing a simulation of dispersal, and one possible dispersal
approach is to distribute a certain number of seeds N randomly in the
landscape.

Therefore I would like to generate a random raster map with the sum of
all cells equals to N. Is there a way of doing this easily in GRASS?

At the moment, I am using an R function, which distributes the seeds,
but due to computational time considerations, I would like to move it to
GRASS.

Thanks,

Rainer

--