[GRASS-user] Grass70 PostgreSQL problem

Martin Album Ytre-Eide Martin.Album.Ytre-Eide at nrpa.no
Wed Sep 25 01:51:18 PDT 2013

Hello all.

I have done this before on different installs, but this time I can't get it right.

I am trying to add a table to a postgres database, by importing a .shp-file. It fails to import the table and gives this error:

DBMI-PostgreSQL driver error:
Connection failed.
fe_sendauth: no password supplied

I have set the password like this
db.login driver=pg database=marine_box user=xxx password=xxx
and the connection like this:
db.connect driver=pg database="host=localhost,dbname=marine_box"

Is this not  way to do it?

I also tried to copy a table from dbf to pg without success.

are there any other parameters that need to be set?

I installed grass70 using the ppa found here:
https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/grass-devel

I have also recently upgraded to ubuntu 13.04

Martin