[GRASS-user] Grass PostgreSQL problem

Martin Album Ytre-Eide Martin.Album.Ytre-Eide at nrpa.no
Fri Sep 27 03:46:02 PDT 2013

After trying different options - I now get :
DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot connect to Postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
	connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
(The same problem for grass 6.4.2)

Postgres use the unix_domain_socket /tmp/ - so it seems to me that grass is listening to the wrong place. This could be changed in  postgresql.conf file at database build time.

Is there a way to change what unix_domain_socket grass is listening to?

postgres server and databases seems to be working ok, and I can connect trough psql.

Martin