[GRASS-user] filling inter-contour area with constant value

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Mon Apr 28 01:12:15 PDT 2014

Hi Moritz and Markus,

On 2014/04/28 16:54, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>> This stackoverflow question is about colors, not values. Which are you
>> looking for exactly ?
Need to fill unique values for inter-contour area between each contour
interval.
(was thinking of vector color fill and subsequent saving as raster where
colors
could be assigned unique category values)
>> For values, one option might be playing with r.grow.distance and its value=
>> parameter.
Can you elaborate a bit on how to use r.grow.distance for this
purpose. My input map would be a contour raster map.
> Perhaps of interest:
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Contour_lines_to_DEM

Yes, I tried several of the interpolation options, but our data is huge and
interpolation takes a long time (r.surf.contour has been running for
several days
now), so we are looking for a simple unique value fill solution that
could work
faster.

Best

Venka