[GRASS-user] how to make radiometric correction of Aster level 1A image in GRASS GIS

Rengifo Ortega rengifoo at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 3 04:20:04 PDT 2014

Dear Grass Community,
I have a ASTL1A image (HDF4), which I intend to use to generate a DEM using the stereo pipeline, called AMES (NASA software).

I extracted the nadir (3N) and the back looking (3B) image, using "gdal_translate" and found out that both images present stripes. Then, read that ASTL1A images are not  radiometric corrected. This will create  problem when matching automatically the overlapping  images i.e.  3N and 3B to create a DEM.

So, I wonder how to make a radiometric correction on ASTER Level 1A images.

Have anyone of you (grass users) tried to do this in GRASS GIS e.g using r.mapcalc or python?. Currently I am using GRASS GIS 6.4 on ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks for your help in advance.
best regards
Rengifo