[GRASS-user] possible r.viewshed documentation error?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 17 14:50:15 PDT 2014

(sorry for slow)

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 3:47 PM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there's an error in the docs of the r.viewshed addon. It states that
> the default output raster contains vertical angle relative to the observer
> and that the values are:
>
> "a value in [0, 180] representing the vertical angle with regard to the
> viewpoint, in degrees, if the point is visible. 0 degrees: directly above
> the observer, 180 degrees: directly below the observer" [1]
>
> It's the opposite of r.los, where 0 is below and 180 right above.
> The resulting maps are equivalent, and looking to my results r.los
> interpretion is right.

In r61669 I have slightly polished the manual and added an example + screenshot.
And subsequently in r61670.[2] also added that 1.75 is the default
observer height and a correction to the text snippet you mentioned.
Thanks for catching, hope it is more clear now.

Markus

[2] for those not familiar with this rBLA stuff: it is the actual
revision number:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/61670