[GRASS-user] Grass-7.0 beta3 fails to launch

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 07:20:45 PDT 2014

Can you please test a improved check for Cygwin? I would need to
replace etc\grass70.py
file in your GRASS installation by the file attached to this email.

Here is a example of path to that file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS 7.0.0beta3\etc\grass70.py

You will probably need administrator rights to do it.

You can write the result directly to the ticket I created (you need OSGeo
ID for it):

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2395

For the record, I have used

if sys.platform == 'cygwin':