[GRASS-user] Installing GRASS on Win XP

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 07:35:37 PDT 2014

Hi,

it seems that the installation failed since QGIS is not working too. It
might be better to ask about this on osgeo4w-dev mailing list.

You can also try standalone GRASS installer but it is based on OSGeo4W
anyway.

About Windows XP, I'm not sure if you are doing the right think in using
it. MS itself hardly supports it and so I would expect that other software
is not supported there. Do you know about the possibility of using Xubuntu
(or Lubuntu) on the (low-end) hardware where Win XP is (was) running?

Vaclav