[GRASS-user] r.li circular window and not integer radius

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Aug 23 10:14:40 PDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Sergio Vignali
<vignalisergio30 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Define sampling areas
> -Moving window
> Use keyboard to define moving window dimension
> -Circle
> What radius size (in metres)?
>
> Here you can use only an integer radius, if you try with a real number the
> tool shows an alert window: "Type integer values"

I suppose that the integer test in is wrong as it should exclude the
metric circular buffer:

grass64/raster/r.li/r.li.setup/r.li.windows.tcl
(around line 175)

Likely worth a bug report in http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/

If you have time, please check if it works ok in GRASS GIS 7 (which
can be installed in parallel to GRASS GIS 6).

Markus

PS: unrelated - I have added screenshots etc here:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/g.gui.rlisetup.html