[GRASS-user] Regarding issues with v.class.mlpy and v.class.ml

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 04:24:30 PST 2014

Hi Imtiaz,

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 1:07 PM, iat bd <imtiazataher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Current Problem: Sorry to ask for help again but I think the problem has
> morphed. Upon re installation of Grass 7.0 and 7.1 and the add-ons, the
> earlier error messages no longer appear (I am assuming some modifications
> were made). The latest error messages upon attempt to run the add-on
> references some files in the grass installation. I am attaching the error
> message for your reference.
>
> I'll appreciate it if anyone can explain the troubleshooting process in a
> step by step method (preferably with some screenshots, assuming the
> instructed person has no previous knowledge of Python or grass file
> architecture. My trainees and I are predominantly civil engineering
> graduates - with basic coding knowledge but zero exposure in python).

>From the error it seems like GRASS it is not able to generate the XML
that describe the v.class.ml module.
can you tray to execute from the grass terminal the command: v.class.ml --h

what is it the output?

in alterative you can move the working directory of your shell (cd
path/to/v.class.ml/code) in the same directory containing the
v.class.ml code ad execute the script using:
python v.class.ml.py write_your_options_here

All the best.

Pietro