[GRASS-user] No incltree created warning importing .jp2 files

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Tue Dec 2 12:25:15 PST 2014

> On Dec 2, 2014, at 8:05 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM, Jeshua Lacock <jeshua at 3dtopo.com> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I am importing thousands of .jp2 images in with r.in.gdal and creating new GRASS locations (-e). Source is NAIP.
>>
>> Occasionally I am seeing this what is apparently a jpeg2 warning:
>>
>> WARNING: No incltree created.
>>
>> And I was just wondering if it was any cause for alarm. And information is greatly appreciated!
>
> Putting the error message into a search engine shows that also others
> seem to get this error, eg
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?t=25556
>
> So it will be format related (GRASS simply calls GDAL to get the job
> of reading/writing done).

Hi Markus!

Thank you for the link, I had read that others before posting but I was not able to find what it might mean for r.in.gdal.

I guess I will have to examine some of the imagery that generated the warnings, but obviously it would be better if I knew I could safely ignore them versus looking through hundreds of billions of pixels for a handful of pixels that could be bad or something. And even if some pixels are bad - I am not sure I would even be able to tell.

Anyways, that is why I posted my question here and not on a JPEG forum or something.

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
3DTOPO Incorporated