[GRASS-user] mapping interface

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:37:38 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 5:25 AM, shashank khare <skhare at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Markus!
> >
> > It is close to what I was trying to do but still I would love someday
> GRASS
> > to have a modular GUI especially 3D which can be embedded in any app
> within
> > few minutes.
>
> I see, so I misunderstood your initial request. If wxPython is in
> general ok for you, check also
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/gui/wxpython
> -> newgui
> -> wx.metadata
> -> wx.rdigit
> -> wx.stream
> -> wx.wms
>
> There is some basic documentation for wxGUI API, you can get it by
executing

make sphinxdoc

in GRASS source code. Then open a file

docs/html/wxgui/index.html

in the distribution (dist...) directory.

You will find there also the programmer's documentation of toolboxes
mentined by Moritz. But note that this API can change any time. You are
welcome to use it and even contribute back some improvements. Look also at
source code for g.gui.iclass and g.gui.vdigit. Let us know how it goes.

Vaclav