[GRASS-user] pygrass : creation of an area in a vector map

Laurent C. lrntct at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 12:13:36 PST 2014

Hello all,

I'm trying to write a new area to a new vector map, without success.

If I do the following :
new_boundary = Boundary(points=coordinates)
new_centroid = Point(point_x,point_y)
new_area = Area(boundary = new_boundary, centroid=new_centroid)

new_vect_map.write(new_area)

I get this error:
AttributeError: 'VectorTopo' object has no attribute '_write_area'

But if I write the boundary and centroids independently, the areas are not
properly created, and centroids are just recognized as "points", not
centroids.

I should I proceed to have the vector map properly written?

Below is my version of GRASS:
GRASS 7.0.0svn (2014)
libgis Revision: 62395
libgis Date: 2014-10-26 18:17:27 -0600 (dom 26 de oct de 2014)

Regards,
Laurent