[GRASS-user] Problem with r.basin in grass7

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Dec 14 15:17:30 PST 2014

hi Andrea,

>I set again the area and resolution with g.region before running r.basin. I
also deleted all files except my >DEM.

>Now I get a different error ...
>
>When I run
>"r.basin map=map at Elevation prefix=o coordinates=-71.10394196,43.9865230801
threshold=19005 >dir=C:\\Users\\Andrea\\Basins"
>ERROR: Region resolution and raster map <o_map_strahler> resolution
differs. Run 'g.region >rast=o_map_strahler' to set proper region
resolution"

please test r.basin with the NC data sample data for GRASS: GRASS 7 full
data tar.gz | zip (nc_spm, 145MB)
(http://grass.osgeo.org/download/sample-data/)

and have a look at http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/R.basin#Usage for a
r.basin usage with this NC sample data (the wiki needs some update, feel
free to contribute...)

tested here with NC data sample data (with coordinates taken from the wiki),
it works without any error.

please try following commands (just copy/paste it and adapt only the path to
the output directory) within the NC sample data set:

g.region -p -a raster=elevation at PERMANENT align=elevation at PERMANENT

r.basin map=elevation at PERMANENT prefix=a
coordinates=636654.791181,218824.126649 dir=C:\tmp\rbasin threshold=20

and then report back.

[p.s. could you send text emails to the ML instead of hmtl mails? it's more
readable in the ML archive]

-----
best regards
Helmut