[GRASS-user] FYI - Output from compiling most recent release 7.0

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Feb 8 11:10:43 PST 2014

Markus Neteler wrote:

> To me it looks like that you have an outdated libtiff on your sytem.

AFAICT, the problem is from trying to use an uninstalled libtiff:

I note that the related compilation commands have

	-I/usr/src/tiff-4.0.3/build/include

while the linking commands have

	-L/usr/src/tiff-4.0.3/build/lib

That will be enough for building shared libraries which link against
libtiff. But when it comes to building executables which use those
libraries, you'll also need (I think)

	-Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/src/tiff-4.0.3/build/lib

This can be added by modifying the value of TIFFLIB or TIFFLIBPATH in
include/Make/Platform.make (or supplying the modified value via the
make command line).

Alternatively, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH may work.

But ideally you should see if there's an official TIFF package for
your distribution and install that.