[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] Object-based image classification in GRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Feb 13 07:48:46 PST 2014

On 12/02/14 17:28, Vaclav Petras wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com
> <mailto:landa.martin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,

>     <mailto:nik at nikosalexandris.net>>:
>
>     [...]
>
>      > think of simply using "r.statistics2"  and  providing an input
>       "cover=" map
>
>     btw, it remembers me that we haven't yet decided about renaming
>     `r.statistics2` and `r.statistics3` to any reasonable name...
>
> And they confuses with r.stats and r.univar. And r.univar is the most
> basic one from these, I would say, and has the most cryptic name.
>
> Is the merging (some of) them together still an option?

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-June/064634.html

In summary: r.statistics can be replaced by r.statistics2 and
r.statistics3, with both of them renamed (none of them calculates the
mode though, but I guess that could be added to r.statistics2, for
integer cover maps).

r.stats and r.univar are different.

Hamish' suggested r.stats.summary for r.stats, but in my eyes r.univar
provides more of a "summary" than r.stats. I don't have a better
proposal, though. Maybe r.stats.binned ?

Moritz

Moritz