[GRASS-user] r.clump with diagonal cells

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 04:49:23 PST 2014

Thanks for the hint about r.clump2.

I just tried to apply it to my data. While this tool works with diagonally
connected cells (in contrast to r.clump) it does not preserve the distinct
category values of adjacent cells. Furthermore, as also mentioned in the
manual: Linear elements are always clumped together, unless the e-flag is
set (which basically ignores diagonally connected cells and thus is
comparable to r.clump result). So as I'd like to have unique category
values for the single (adjacent) patches this tool does not necessarily
help me. However, good to know that there is such a tool available. For the
moment, I'll try an approach to buffer (r.grow) my raster lines before
applying r.clump which could work.

best,
Johannes