[GRASS-user] Grass 6.4.3-5.52 installation on Opensuse 13.1

jwd jwd at surewest.net
Tue Jan 14 16:13:45 PST 2014

I've run into a problem installing GRASS 6.4.3 binary onto an Opensuse
13.1 linux system.  The installation proceudre reports that
libgeos-3.4.2 is needed and "nothing provides" it.  Installing a copy
of libgeos-3.4.2 encounters a similar error stating that a GDAL version
is "not provided," which is wrong because the GDAL version called
for is already installed on the system.

Presumably there's some configuration problem with the combination of
GRASS and Opensuse.  If anyone has encountered this and solved the
problem, I would appreciate information on what I am doing wrong.

JWDougherty