[GRASS-user] r.diversity (r.li) options on windows

Luigi Ponti lponti at inbox.com
Tue Jan 28 03:58:59 PST 2014

Hi there,

As part of a master's thesis, we would like to use r.diversity to
process aerial multi-spectral imagery using a Windows 7 machine.

(The most recent piece of info is apparently this grass-devel thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/56124

Putting Luca and Alessandro in copy because of this related thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.gfoss.italian/12245
)

As the r.li suite appears still broken on Windows,
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status#Known_Issues

we were wondering whether it would be wiser to go the g.gui.rlisetup way
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/g.gui.rlisetup.html

or to opt for a virtual machine installation, e.g.
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/virtualization_quickstart.html

In general, is there any advantage in using grass 7 vs. 6 in our case?

Kind regards and thanks for any pointer,

Luigi