[GRASS-user] Error with r.stream.basins in GRASS7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 30 13:25:39 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Johannes Radinger
<johannesradinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to launch the r.stream.basins add-on in G7,
> however instead of seeing the GUI for the add-on I run into following error:
>
> Unable to fetch interface description for command 'r.stream.basins'.
>
> Details:
> GRASS_INFO_ERROR(31075,1): Incompatible library version for module. You need
> to rebuild GRASS or untangle multiple installations.
> GRASS_INFO_END(31075,1)
>
> I run a freshly compilied G7 () on Ubuntu 12.04:

In case of "... rebuild GRASS or untangle multiple installations." you
need to cleanup your local source code with

make distclean

prior for configuration and compilation. Be also sure to not have
multiple binaries of the addon around.
Perhaps one file is in the standard GRASS binary directory while the
other is in $HOME/.grass7/addons/

The command
which r.stream.basins

also helps to find it.