[GRASS-user] Strange behaviour of v.net on GRASS GIS 7

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Thu Jul 3 04:32:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm working with GRASS GIS 7.0.0svn (r59969) on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I'm
experiencing a strange behaviour when using v.net. I have set of nodes
that I want to connect to a collection of streets on a network.

When I execute "v.net streets points=poi out=net op=connect thresh=35"
on GRASS GIS 6.4.4, the new arc(s)/line(s) that connect the points to
the network, inherit all the attributes (even the 'cat' value) of the
pre-existing arcs. But, when I execute the same command on GRASS GIS
7.0.0 that expected behaviour doesn't take place. The new arc(s)/line(s)
generated with GRASS 7 doesn't have attributes, a new cat value is
generated for each new line but they doesn't appear on the attribute
table...

I don't know if this is a bug/error, or a different but deliberated
behaviour. Should I fill a new ticket for this?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Lluís

--