[GRASS-user] Grouping spatial points

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 04:58:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've a point vector containing more than 500 points.
Some of these points are spatially clumped while
others are single independent points (from viewing the
map). Now I am wondering if there is any tool in
GRASS (or maybe other spatial-statistical software
like R) that can be used to group the data so that each
point clump is assigned to a group and each single group to its
own group. Of course, this needs a criterion where
to distinguish between groups/clusters. I'd like to have
groups that are separated by a distance of at least 5 km.

Is there any recommendation of a simple or more
advanced procedure to do that?

All suggestions all welcome! Thanks!

Best,
Johannes