[GRASS-user] grass7 will not display raster

Raphael.Viscarra-Rossel at csiro.au Raphael.Viscarra-Rossel at csiro.au
Wed Jul 30 04:30:31 PDT 2014

Hello Hamish,

I installed GRASS 7 (following Markus'  hint to install GEOS frwk also).
GRASS7 and the GUI start and all seems fine until I try to display a raster map – it does not display.

I thought that it might be because the mapset was created in an older version of GRASS (6.4.2) but I started a new project and imported a raster into a new map set in G7 – still not displaying.  I can draw a histogram of the raster data but I cannot view the map.

When I start GRASS7, I get the message below, but I do not know what it means.

I use a Mac.  Will appreciate any help with this.  Thank you.

Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...

GRASS 7.0.0svn (rain):~ > objc[15362]: Class TSSandboxPrefs is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/TSLicense.framework/Versions/A/TSLicense and /Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Import.component/Contents/MacOS/Flip4Mac WMV Import. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[15362]: Class TSSandboxPrefs is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/TSLicense.framework/Versions/A/TSLicense and /Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Advanced.component/Contents/MacOS/Flip4Mac WMV Advanced. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

GRASS 7.0.0svn (rain):~ >

Raphael.