[GRASS-user] align large number of images in a automated way

Jed jedfrechette at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 17:03:48 PDT 2014

Milton Cezar Ribeiro wrote
> 5. Unfortunatelly, as I have 18,000 images (and increasing), collect
> ground
> control point is not the solution

That's only 12.5 minutes of video at 24 fps and the requirements you've
described sound like a pretty typical camera stabilization problem. Why not
take a look at camera tracking/stabilization software?

 In most cases such software will offer a high level of automation, however
more importantly, at least from my perspective, they will also provide a
good UI that will help you diagnose problems when the optimization process
eventually goes off the rails. Something that you won't have if you opt for
a completely command line solution.

If you're looking for an open-source solution Blender has a decent tracker.
The biggest feature it is probably missing for your application is being
able to use ground control points in addition to image points. Most of the
other commercial options do provide this feature, which would give you more
reliable and accurate solves.

Best,