[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] execGRASS("r.diversity"): [Error 3] Cannot find path specified \\.grass7\\r.li

Sandra MacFadyen sandramf at live.co.za
Wed Jun 4 05:00:50 PDT 2014

If I understand Helmuts' post correctly, is the error I am getting attributed to the following sections of the python script r.diversity.py?

#create configuration file instead using r.li.setup
def createConfFile(res, inpumap, home):

and/or

# return a list of resolution
def checkValues(res, alpha=False):

I am also new to python and not sure how I should proceed to successfully create or read the config. file.
I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you
Sandra

P.S. Should I rather open a new thread entitled r.diversity Illegal areas disposition?

<quote author='Helmut Kudrnovsky'>

manual:
"To calculate all methods excluding Pielou from a NDVI map, with two moving window (3 x 3, 9 x 9), run:
r.diversity input=ndvi_map output=diversity size=3,9 exclude=pielou alpha=3"

r.diversity --verbose input=lsat5_1987_10 at landsat prefix=myland alpha=0.5
size=3,9
ERROR: Illegal areas disposition
ERROR: Illegal areas disposition
ERROR: Illegal areas disposition
ERROR: Illegal areas disposition
ERROR: Illegal areas disposition
ERROR: Illegal areas disposition
ERROR: Illegal areas disposition
ERROR: Illegal areas disposition
Done.

---------------------

could it be the logics to calculate

#create configuration file instead using r.li.setup def createConfFile(res, inpumap, home):

and

# return a list of resolution
def checkValues(res, alpha=False):

(and maybe others too) the reason why the creation of the configuration
file(s) fails?
</quote>
Quoted from:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/execGRASS-r-diversity-Error-3-Cannot-find-path-specified-grass7-r-li-tp5141590p5142440.html