[GRASS-user] MSVCR71.dll missing

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jun 11 07:28:26 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Crutchley, Simon
<Simon.Crutchley at english-heritage.org.uk> wrote:
> I can’t get any version post 6.4.2 to load properly. Any later versions give
> an error saying MSVCR71.dll is missing. I’ve seen there have been lots of
> posts about this, but can’t work out a simple solution. I’m new to GRASS and
> very much a user, not a developer or programmer. I’m on Win 7 (64 bit). Any
> advice welcome.

GRASS GIS 6.4.3 and later suggest to install the needed "Important
Microsoft runtime libraries" already during the installation process
(on the same install wizard page offering to download sample
datasets). Did you install those runtime libraries?

Markus