[GRASS-user] classify image after i.segment

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jun 27 01:02:29 PDT 2014

On 26/06/14 23:54, Milton Ribeiro wrote:
> Just one more question:
>
> how can I use the objects output from i.segment in the steps to classify
> the image using i.maxlik?
> I tried to find a step-by-step classification using the raster objects
> from i.segment by no luck.

If you really want to use i.maxlik, you have to create as many raster
layers as you want to have variables characterizing your objects. Then
you select a series of these objects as training areas and then you can
run i.gensig + i.maxlik.

But I think that the machine learning approach, using Pietros
addon-modules, is probably more efficient.

Moritz