[GRASS-user] help with temporal modules

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 10:06:58 PST 2014

Dear Veronica,
it seems that the temporal database in the location that you use has
been created with an older version of grass7. I have modified grass7
in the last months to increase performance and reliability of the
temporal framework and therefore changed the database format. The new
API is not backward compatible.

Can you please create a fresh location from scratch with the latest
grass7 svn version? In case you want to use the same location, then
please make a backup of the existing  temporal database (in case you
have already data registered), by simple renaming it:

mv /home/veroandreo/grassdata//ll_wgs84/PERMANENT/tgis/sqlite.db \
     /home/veroandreo/grassdata//ll_wgs84/PERMANENT/tgis/sqlite.db.backup

A new temporal database with the same name will be created, when you
invoke any temporal command. You can access any data in the old
database using a sqlite client application, or open office. You will
need to install the grass7 svn version from August 2013, to use the
old temporal database within grass7.

Best regards
Soeren