[GRASS-user] survey: use of different geometry types in same vector map

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Mar 5 03:08:46 PST 2014

Hello,

Recent discussions here with colleagues about GRASS' vector format and
the teaching of vector handling in GIS have brought up a question about
the fact that GRASS (contrary to some other well-known vector formats)
allows a mix of geometry types (points, lines, polygons) in the same
map, something which some GIS'ers consider quite unorthodox.

In order to enrich the reflection on that, I would like to ask GRASS
users for use cases where this mix has been useful. Do you use such
mixed geometry maps ? Which specific use cases do you use them for ?

In order not to flood the mailing list, you can also send me your
response by private mail. I'll report back to the mailing list with the
results.

Moritz