[GRASS-user] regression kriging using elevation model file

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Mar 8 14:42:47 PST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM, mark014 Gazeta.pl <mark014 at gazeta.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I generate temperature maps in QGIS using data from main meteorological
> stations. It is just simple interpolation - IDW.
> However, I would like to create more complex maps. I received elevation
> model file (.asc) and I know that using it with regression kriging gives
> very satisfied results (similar to that one
> http://www.imgw.pl/klimat/mapy/%5BMapy_1971-2000%5D/Mean_Temperature_1971-2000/1971-2000_07_MeanTemp_Actual.jpg
> where temperature contribiution depends on elevation). Unfortunatelly I am
> not familiar with GRASS or SAGA and that's why I asking you for any manuals
> where I can generate such maps step by step. Could you help me?

GRASS itself offers various interpolation methods:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Interpolation#Reinterpolation_of_.22sparse.22_.28scattered_points_or_lines.29_maps

I used elevation as auxiliary variable for temperature interpolation
in v.vol.rst, obtaining the 2D raster map result via "output
cross-section raster map". See
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/v.vol.rst.html

Another option is to call some R functionality from GRASS, see
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics

Markus