[GRASS-user] Adding attributes to vector map

R.S. Bhalla rsbhalla at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 07:03:13 PDT 2014

Hi Jitu,
There are many ways you can do this.
Built in database modules you should look at are v.db.join in the
Database--> Vector database connectsion and modules under the Vector-->
Update Attributes menu.
However, GRASS supports a range of database backends, sqlite by default
in GRASS  7 and dbf (X-base) before version 7. You could use the
interfaces that come with these database packages and plain SQL (both in
and out of GRASS) to do your table manipulation.
The latter is more flexible.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ravi