[GRASS-user] Interpolation of regular gridded continous data

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Mon Mar 31 02:16:59 PDT 2014

Hello,

I want to interpolate a regular 1° x 1° temperature (°K) data vector
point grid to a higher resolution, say a regular 0.1° x 0.1° raster grid.

I assume that the temperature data is continous and the data between the
cells should be interpolated as if they were on a straight gradient
line/plane between the given 1° points, by keeping the originial input
value for the given points (on the 1° x 1° grid).

What would be the best interpolation method in GRASS to get this result?

I assume, a simple bilinear interpolation would be fine? Is that
correct? Which tool does this from vector points (r.bilin only takes
raster)?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

--
Christian Willmes	(Public-Key ID: 0x2FA87ED4)
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group