[GRASS-user] Making a physical globe: paper sections from GRASS GIS ?

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Tue May 13 01:07:27 PDT 2014

Hello Peter,
some time ago I wrote for kids a tiny program that produces a
ready-to-cut-and-glue pattern from an equirectangular 3d panoramic
image :

http://bain.vincent.pagesperso-orange.fr/ball1.0.tar.gz

Your personal equirectangular image of the world (whith a width/height
ratio of 2) should be easy to output from a Plate Caree GRASS location
(epsg:9823)... mmmh, just check it is actually a cylindrical projection
leaning upon a spherical ellipsoid, but I think it is.

Hope it can help you...
Bye,
Vincent