[GRASS-user] GRASS 7.0beta2

Jon Eiriksson jeir at hi.is
Mon May 19 07:24:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have been running GRASS 7.0 SVN (and frameworks) from Michael Barton's
site since Feruary on two Macs, MacOSX 10.7.5 and MacOSX Mavericks,
happily, on a daily basis. Tried installing the GARSS 7.0beta2 package
and frameworks on the 10.7.5 machine, installation succeeded, but I got
this message on startup:
---
| ~ @ nfmac129 (je)
| => '/Applications/GRASS/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/grass.sh'; exit
Rebuilding Addon HTML manual pages index...
Rebuilding Addon menu...
Python 2.7.6 found.
arch: posix_spawnp: /opt/local/bin/pythonw2.7: Bad CPU type in
executable
logout
---

In Terminal, [which python] gives:
---
| ~ @ nfmac129 (je)
| => which python
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python

---

Tried reinstalling the February Frameworks and GRASS 7.0 SVN package,
but get the same message.

On the Mavericks machine the installation went OK, GRASS 7.0 started
normally and the wxpython gui seems to work, but a few Terminal commands
I tried give error messages (e.g. [g.list type=vect] is not recognised).

Installation of GRASS-7.0beta1 failed when I tried about a month ago,
decided to wait for the next beta release.

As I do not know what the message means (is there something wrong on my
mac, perhaps?) Any ideas would be welcome, have other users had similar
problems?

Jon