[GRASS-user] t.rast.mapcalc for interpolate nulls

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Tue May 20 10:27:51 PDT 2014

Hi Diana,
you can try t.rast.mapcalc2 for interpolation:

In case A is your space time dataset of choice, then the expression to
interpolate null() cells
in A is:

t.rast.mapcalc2 --v expression="B = if(isnull(A), (A[-1] + A[1])/2.0, A)" base=b

B is the new space time datasets that will have interpolated values at
null() positions (in case there was data in the predecessor and
successor).

Be aware that t.rast.mapcalc2 is highly experimental. You have to
install the PLY Python module to get it to work.

Best regards
Soeren