[GRASS-user] Problem with r.basin in grass7

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Nov 2 15:48:20 PST 2014

hi,

Andrea Timmermann wrote
> Dear Markus and Madi,
>

> thanks for your comments !
>
> The problems I had before appeared with the grass version of the 31.10, I
> downloaded the version of the 30.10 and also reinstalled the
> r.streams.basins, as suggested by Madi. I could not install the remaining
> r.stream modules. When I tried to do so I got:
>
> “...
> 7.1.svn\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 766, in __init__
>     self._RealGetContents()
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
> 7.1.svn\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 807, in
> _RealGetContents
>     raise BadZipfile, "File is not a zip file"
> zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file”
>

> I run r.basin anyways after deleting all files (as suggested by Markus):
> r.basin map=map at Elevation prefix=o coordinates=-71.10394196,43.9865230801
> threshold=19005 dir=C:\\Users\\Andrea\\Basins
>
> and I got
>
> “....
> ERROR: option <output>: <o_map_outlet_snap> exists.
> Calculating basins using vector point map...
> Writing raster map <o_map_basin>...
> Delineation of basin done
> ERROR: output map <o_map_mask> exists
> ERROR: An error occurred while running r.mapcal”
>

> Markus wrote:
>

> "> apparently the overwrite fails or you did not specify --o or
> old
> > cruft remained as indicated (please clean it first)"
>
> I deleted all files before running the r.basin command and I do not know
> how I can set a –o for the file <o_map_outlet_snap> in my
> r.basin command ... I do not know what you mean with the "old
> cruft" ...
>
> I will reinstall grass on Monday or Tuesday with the newest version and
> will tell you how it goes.
>
> >Please be patient and update it again, for us your
> > feedback is very important.
>

> I still have a lot of patience and am glad to be able to help you a bit! I
> think grass is really a good thing !!!
>

> Regards,
>
> Andrea
>

> Gesendet: Sonntag, 02. November 2014 um 18:26 Uhr
> Von: "Markus Neteler" <

> neteler@

> An: "Andrea Timmermann" <

> timmermann@

> Cc: "GRASS user list" <

> grass-user at .osgeo

> >, "Margherita Di Leo" <

> dileomargherita@

> Betreff: Re: Re: Re: Re: [GRASS-user] Problem with r.basin in grass7
>
> HI Andrea,
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Andrea Timmermann <

> timmermann@

> > wrote:
> > Hi Markus,
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > We got some more RAM, changed the basins I was using (got smaller
> ones) and
> > reduced the resolution of the computational region, so I hope I do
> not run
> > into memory problems.

> [...]

I've just done some test with r.basin and its dependencies of
r.stream.*-modules:

GRASS Version: 7.1.svn
GRASS SVN Revision: 62299
Erstellungsdatum: 2014-10-20
Build Platform: i686-pc-mingw32
GDAL/OGR: 1.11.0
PROJ.4: 4.8.0
GEOS: 3.4.2
SQLite: 3.7.17
Python: 2.7.4
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 (OSGeo4W)

at the moment it seems there are some issues along

        grass.run_command('r.stream.basins', direction = r_drainage_e,
                                             basins = r_basin,
                                             points = v_outlet_snap,
                                             overwrite = True)

in r.basin.

maybe some building issues

as the r.stream.*-modules are still a moving window regarding
trunk/relbranch7 (all are just moved back to addons), we have to wait for
the nightly builds of OSGeo4W/standalone trunk/relbranch7 before further
tests are ready.

I'll do this in the next days.

-----
best regards