[GRASS-user] remove line segment from a line vector

matteo marcantonio matteo.marcantonio at fmach.it
Wed Nov 5 02:09:19 PST 2014

Hi Markus,

> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM, matteo marcantonio
> <matteo.marcantonio at fmach.it> wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I'm writing since I need to clean a line vector (road network) removing
> all
> > the line segments not connected to other segments. I guess that I need to
> > remove all the segment that have valence = 0.
> >
> > I need to remove them to perform a network distance analysis avoiding the
> > issue of unreachable nodes.
> >
> > Is there any way to do it?
>
> You could use v.net.alloc with one node and then extract the allocated
> network. This will automatically discard all lines not connected to
> this node.

This is a good suggestion but it is not exactly what I need.

I need to connect all my nodes to the main road network avoiding that a
node is connected to a 'dead road segment' (being unreachable by
v.net.distance).

So I need to clean my road network, removing all the 'isolated road
segment' (or 'valence=0).

Any suggestion?

> Markus M
>

> > Thanks for any help