[GRASS-user] Distributed modeling animation rendered in GRASS70

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:19:19 PST 2014

All,

After running a distributed hydrologic model I did some shell/GRASS
scripting to import the NEXRAD radar precipitation data and model output
flow grids into GRASS 7. Making use of ps.map, I generated a series of
hourly (2185) png images.

Markus Neteler pointed me to the GRASS location
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Movies, where I simply did this:

 mencoder "mf:///home/teaiii/grass/data/output/png_files/*.png" -mf fps=15
-o type=png out.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1800
-ffourcc MP4

I posted the resulting video on Mimeo: https://vimeo.com/111696348

There should be a High-def version available at some point.

Cheers!
Tom