[GRASS-user] d.out.file / d.save - Shell-script use issues

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Nov 14 04:07:08 PST 2014

* Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> [2014-11-12 09:35:32 -0500]:

> I kindly ask command line users of d.* commands, especially those using d.*
> commands in scripts, to test and participate in discussions concerning d.*
> commands in GRASS GIS 7. For example, d.out.file was added (relatively)
> lately to 7 and there is new command d.to.rast. They are designed to work
> with wxGUI (including wx monitors).

I quickly ran through most d.* commands (except for the d.vect* stuff).
Some notes:

d.erase:  I would like to do `d.erase black`. Black is a *good*
background color.

d.info -g:  Maybe change the -g's flag description? 's/geographic//' to
avoid confusion(s) (geographic vs. projected, etc.)?

d.rast.edit: let instructions/mouse actions explained inside a
wx-monitor?

For the d.what* commands, the icons to perform such queries exist
already in a wx-Monitor, right?

Isn't it possible to merge d.out.file and d.to.rast?  Maybe instruct
"to.rast" with a flag or an explicit output name?

Nikos