[GRASS-user] d.out.file / d.save - Shell-script use issues

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 13:27:05 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 4:31 AM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
wrote:

> Vaclav Petras wrote:
>
> > I kindly ask command line users of d.* commands, especially those using
> d.*
> > commands in scripts, to test and participate in discussions concerning
> d.*
> > commands in GRASS GIS 7. For example, d.out.file was added (relatively)
> > lately to 7 and there is new command d.to.rast. They are designed to work
> > with wxGUI (including wx monitors).
>
> Could you choose a different prefix for these commands, and leave d.*
> for display commands?
>
> This also came to my mind but I had no better idea than `d` which is
actually pretty good since d.to.rast and d.out.file are saying the same as
r.to.vect or r.out.gdal (convert raster to vector, convert display to
raster, ...).

If you think that only commands which are doing the actual drawing should
start with `d`, please be more specific. What about `d.mon` or
`d.what.rast`? Or what would be the right letter to start with?