[GRASS-user] GRASS 7 temporal module under Windows

Moyano Capilla, Jose Eduardo josmoy at ceh.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 10:18:51 PST 2014

Hi all,

I am pretty new with GRASS, so sorry for the more than likely stupid question.

I am trying to use the new temporal module in GRASS 7 running under Windows 7 (I am waiting for authorization to use it under Linux). I am following the example presented in the FOSS4G 2014 workshop (http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/temporal-grass-workshop/) but when I try to register the temporal dataset I get an error. It has a lot of lines, but I think the key is in the following:

RuntimeError:
            Attempt to start a new process before the
current process
            has finished its bootstrapping phase.
            This probably means that you are on Windows and
you have
            forgotten to use the proper idiom in the main
module:
                if __name__ == '__main__':
                    freeze_support()
            The "freeze_support()" line can be omitted if
the program
            is not going to be frozen to produce a Windows
executable.

I am just running the commands through the GUI, should I create a python script to resolve that "freeze_support()" issue? As I said, I am pretty new and that would take some time, that's why I prefer to ask first if that's the way...

Thank you in advance!!

Jose