[GRASS-user] Problem with r.basin in grass7

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 00:22:38 PST 2014

Dear Andrea,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 5:00 AM, Andrea Timmermann <timmermann at gmx.at>
wrote:

> Hi Helmut and Margherita,
>
> Thanks for your mails! Here are the answers to your questions:
>
> *a) **This is the result of r.info <http://r.info> and g.region:   *
>

> r.info map at Elevation
>

>  +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>  | Map:      map at Elevation                  Date: Sat Nov 15 16:35:08
> 2014    |
>  | Mapset:   Elevation                      Login of Creator:
> Andrea        |
>  | Location:
> ElevationData                                                    |
>  | DataBase:
> C:\Users\Andrea\Documents\grassdata                            |
>  | Title:     ( map
> )                                                         |
>  | Timestamp:
> none                                                            |
>
>  |----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>  |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories:
> 0               |
>  |   Data Type:
> FCELL                                                      |
>  |   Rows:         21612
>  |   Columns:
> 10812                                                      |
>  |   Total Cells:
> 233668944                                                  |
>  |        Projection: Latitude-Longitude
>  |            N:  45:00:02N    S:  42:59:58N   Res:
> 0:00:00.333333            |
>  |            E:  70:59:58W    W:  72:00:02W   Res:
> 0:00:00.333333            |
>  |   Range of data:    min = 18.40538  max =
> 1916.398                         |
> |
>  |   Data
>  |    generated by
> r.patch                                                    |
> Comments:                                                                |
>  |    r.patch input="n44-72 at Elevation,n45_72 at Elevation"
> output="map"          |
>
>  +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> g.region
> -p
> projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
> zone:       0
> datum:      nad83
> ellipsoid:  grs80
> north:      45:00:02N
> south:      42:59:58N
> west:       72:00:02W
> east:       70:59:58W
> nsres:      0:00:01
> ewres:      0:00:01
> rows:       7204
> cols:       3604
> cells:      25963216

Here I see 2 possible problems. One is the one referred by Helmut, that
r.basin only is able to work on projected locations. The other is that the
region should match with the dem, thus, before running r.basin, please set
g.region rast=map at Elevation . The same applies also to your example in the
NC dataset.

Let us know how it goes.

cheers,
madi

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.