[GRASS-user] Confused when using i.fusion.brovey

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Nov 24 10:24:27 PST 2014

Michael & Co,

I am trying to iron out the hpf fusion implementation before attempting
to integrate it in i.pansharpen. There is an undesired effect when
running the i.fusion.hpf script which I don't understand.

It's quite obvious that the algorithm is not uniformly applied through
out the entire computational region when just when nearing the edges of
the image(s). It is visible as a thin darker frame (a few pixels wide)
identified all-around, near the edges of the output image. Especially
when forcing high modulation factors (to increase sharpness of the final
product).

I guess that an (r.m)filter expert would probably identify the problem
quickly. If you zoom in to the example pictures illustrated in
<https://github.com/NikosAlexandris/i.fusion.hpf/blob/master/Documentation.pdf>,
or if you simply run it in your own images (just use center=high and
modulation=max), you can see in the effect in the edges of an output
(pan-sharpened) image.

Anyone willing to help?

Thanks, Nikos

---
Michael Barton wrote:

>> Nikos,
>> Have you considered adding HPFA Image Fusion Technique as a method
>> in
>> the i.pan.sharpen module?

Nikos: