[GRASS-user] how to change all cats in a vector line

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Nov 30 10:49:28 PST 2014

You’re right of course. I was getting it confused with v.profile (I’ve gone through a lot of different modules searching for something that works recently).

But v.fixed.segmentpoints appears to only create points for a single cat. For the kinds of lines that represent stream courses and which are generated by  r.to.vect on the cells created by v.stream.extract, r.watershed, or even r.drain, this won’t work. It only creates points for part of the stream course.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)