[GRASS-user] how to change all cats in a vector line

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Nov 30 16:37:39 PST 2014

Thanks for mentioning v.segment Helmut.

If I read the docs correctly, it is necessary to send v.segment a text string or file with one line for each point to be created, indicating which cat in the line object is being referenced. I’m trying to automate this for different streams where there can be a variable number of cats, representing line segments of different lengths. And I’m trying to create somewhere between several hundred to several thousand points. So a wrapper like v.fixed.segmentpoint makes more sense, but would need to work for an entire line object or for a set of cats (rather than a single cat).

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)