[GRASS-user] Loading JSON data in GRASS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 20:56:16 PDT 2014

Hi,

here is a basic answer to start with.

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Arighna <roy.arighna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> I want to load GeoJSON data in GRASS. I am totally unware of the process.
> Could anybody please help me to do that?

I never tried GeoJSON but with recent enough GRASS GIS and GDAL/OGR, you
can use v.in.ogr module (module for import of vector data using OGR).

You can use

v.in.ogr -f

to list all available formats. For me it gives "GeoJSON (rw): GeoJSON".

Something like:

v.in.ogr dsn=/path/to/data/file.json output=grass_vector_map

should work. I don't know how it is with layers and features but you will
see I guess.

Let us know if it work and if you have any problems.

Vaclav