[GRASS-user] v.rast.stats is error while executing: 'BEGIN TRANSACTION'

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Oct 19 14:54:01 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 6:16 PM, chingchai humhong
<chingchai.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new to GIS and also new to GRASS GIS.

Welcome here!

> I want to zonal statistics from
> raster map rainfall interpolation(idw) on basin vector polygon. I used
> v.rast.stats. But there are problems
>
> v.rast.stats -c vector=basin_250 at PERMANENT raster=rainfall_idw at PERMANENT
> colprefix=z
> Updating the database ...
> DBMI-DBF driver error:
> SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected NAME processing
> 'BEGIN'
> in statement:
> BEGIN TRANSACTION
> Error in db_execute_immediate()
> ERROR: Error while executing: 'BEGIN TRANSACTION'
>
> Thank you.

ok, the issue is that the DBF driver does not support SQL
transactions. I thought that this would be automatically handled.
I just tried on my system with the DBF driver and did not came across
this issue.

Which GRASS GIS version do you use on which operating system?

Markus