[GRASS-user] Overlapping points in ps.map

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:41:51 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to use ps.map to create a map of many vector points which should be colored based on the values (0-1) in a specific column in the attribute table. If I understood the manual correctly, I need to create an rgbcolumn indicating the color for each point. Is there an example explaining this on detail (eg how to create such a column based on a specific color scale)?

Moreover, as many of my points are overlapping I am interested how this is handled in ps.map? Is there any method to plot the darkest point on top? Like the "darken" feature in qgis?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Best,
Johannes