[GRASS-user] Problem with r.basin in grass7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 23 13:29:01 PDT 2014

Hi Andrea,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Andrea Timmermann <timmermann at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> I installed the latest 7.1 version, but still have a problem ...
>
> When running:
> r.basin map=map at Elevation prefix=p coordinates=-71.10394196,43.9865230801
> threshold=19005 dir="C:\\Users\\Carolits\\Basins"
>
> I get:
> Pass 4 of 4:
> Reading features...
> Writing raster map...
> Converted points/lines: 1 of 1....
> v.to.rast complete.
> All in RAM calculation...
> Reading raster map <p_map_drainage_e>...
> Calculating basins using vector point map...
> Writing raster map <p_map_basin>...
> Delineation of basin done
> ERROR: output map <tmp> exists

I guess that the internal overwrite setting was missing, please try my
attempt [1] to fix that (fetch the r.basins with the extension manager
to get it, but since you are on Windows you may need to way till
tomorrow or simply modify the Python script at your end with a text
editor - just add one line).

Please let us know how it goes,
Markus

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/62365